Difference between revisions of "Utility Relocation Guidelines for Public Construction Projects"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 16:41, 6 November 2019
These guidelines are to be considered in all relocation planning. The utility should notify the City project manager in instances when these clearances cannot be accomplished.
- 1. Utilities Crossing Roadway
- a) Minimum 4.5’ below the top of proposed curb to the top of pipe.
- b) Minimum 4.0’ below finish top of asphalt at the edge of roadway.
- 2. Utilities crossing storm sewers
- a) Minimum 2.0’ from the flow line to the top of the utility.
- b) Clear zone of 5’ each side of the pipe, measured perpendicular to the centerline of the storm sewer pipe.
- 3. Utilities parallel to the storm sewers within 5’ horizontal distance of the storm sewer should be a minimum 2.0’ below the flow line of the storm sewer.
- 4. Utilities less than 5’ horizontal distance from the outside of a storm sewer structure should be a minimum 3.0’ below the flow line out.
- 5. Utilities under Reinforced Concrete Box culverts.
- a) Minimum 2.0’ below the bottom of the box.
- b) Minimum 15’ clear at the above depth each side of the RCB.
- c) Provide additional room as designated by the Engineer for the side where the temporary channel is to be located during RCB construction.
- 6. Traffic Signal Poles – Underground utilities should clear by at least 7.0’.
- 7. Street Light Poles – Underground utilities should clear by at least 6.0’.
- 8. Creek Crossings - Minimum 2.0’ below Rip Rap sub grade to top of 1.0’ concrete cap. See bridges for major crossings.
- 9. Utilities in cut slopes, shoulders, or ditches should be minimum of 3.0’ below finish grade.
- 10. Sidewalk retaining walls – Minimum 2.0’ below the toe of the sidewalk retaining wall.
- 11. Bridges
- a) Overhead utilities should be minimum 15’ horizontal distance from the edge of the bridge abutment to the conductor.
- b) Underground utilities should be minimum 7’ horizontal distance from the edge of the bridge abutment to the utility.
- c) Underground utilities should be 3’ below the Rip Rap toe ditch subgrade to the top of 1.0’ concrete cap.